How to put together a festive menu
I enjoy cooking and that’s a fact. Mainly because I have a goal in mind: sitting around the table with friends or a romantic dinner with my husband. I’m not the type that disappears into the kitchen the entire evening while others are having fun, and certainly not during the holidays. I want to be part of it. I want to have fun as well! This may be the most important reason why I enjoy cooking. That’s how I create my own world so to speak, a world where romance and good food go hand in hand.
My tips for a festive menu?
- Choose dishes that can be prepared mainly in advance.
- Don’t prepare any dishes that you have never made before.
- Don’t try to compete with a starred restaurant where tens of people are working in the kitchen, but try to capitalise on homely cosiness.
- Write down all the steps you still need to do so you don’t forget them, especially small details such as sprinkling herbs on food etc.
- Work with lists: things to buy, to organise, to make, to do,...
I went ahead and put together a delicious seafood menu, which can be completely made ahead. Click the links to view the recipes.
Remember: nothing is more important for the guests than to see the hostess enjoying herself!